Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Hilton HHonors points giveaway
I looked through the various airline and hotel programs, looking for the rules on transferring miles and points. I knew that most programs charged to transfer (though there are some exceptions for transferring for people living at the same address), and I was willing to pay for it, but some of the prices they wanted to charge were ludicrous. In the end, I decided to go with Hilton HHonors points. You can transfer points to another Hilton member in increments of 5000 points for a $12.50 fee per 5000 points transferred. A Hilton point might not be as valuable as some other points, but 10,000 Hilton HHonors points will get you 2 nights at any Hilton Category 1 hotel.
Granted, there aren’t a TON of Category 1 Hiltons (unless you’re going to Egypt!) but you could also use the points for a night at a Hilton Category 2 hotel. I stayed 2 nights at the Hampton Inn in LaGrange, Georgia (a Category 2 hotel – here’s my review) and it was a very nice hotel. Or you could just use the 10,000 points towards a more expensive redemption (we are trying to stay at the Category 7 Morrison hotel in Dublin on our upcoming trip to Europe)
If you’re looking to get more Hilton points, you might also be interested in the limited time offer for a 75,000 point signup bonus for the Citi Hilton HHonors card.
The fine print:
- Winner will be randomly chosen from available and valid entries
- You must be 18 or older to win
- You must already have a Hilton HHonors account in good standing, and you will need to provide me with your number (so I can transfer the points)
- I will transfer 10,000 Hilton HHonors points to your account, as well as pay the fee to transfer them over
- If for some reason Hilton puts the kibosh on this, or in any other way I’m unable to transfer the points, at my sole discretion, I reserve the right to instead award the winner a $50 Hilton gift card
- What you do with the points is up to you 😛
- Contest ends at 11:59 pm Eastern time on August 12th
- This contest is not sponsored by, affiliated with, or endorsed by Hilton. Just my points, transferred to you.
How to enter
All entries must enter through the Gleam widget below. You have 3 ways to enter: Signing up for our once daily email list, following Points With a Crew on Twitter, and you can also earn 2 bonus entries for every friend that you refer through your personalized link found in the widget below.
Remember, even if you’ve already signed up, that you can still earn a bonus entry every day, and you also get 2 entries for every user that you refer through your personal email link.