Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Just a reminder that first week of 2017 Daily Getaway starts tomorrow at 1pm EST. Below are the package for sale this week.
- Monday 4/10: $50 Alamo gift certificates for $25 (50% off).
- Tuesday 4/11: MGM Las Vegas getaway packages, ranging in cost from $475 to $1,750;
- Wednesday 4/12: IHG Rewards Club points packages from 8500 points and up to 130,000 points, cost as low as 0.58 cents each, but slightly higher than last year.
- Thursday 4/13: Discounted admission to Busch Gardens and SeaWorld for only $45-50, same as last year.
- Friday 4/14: Packages of 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points for $175.
Here’s a quick rundown of each day’s packages:
- The Alamo packages can save you up to 50% on the next rental, but you can purchase a maximum of 3 packages, for a total saving of $75. You can still use any Alamo discounts such as corporate rates, single or double upgrades codes.
- The Las Vegas deals have been in every year’s Daily Getaway, and honestly there are way cheaper ways to do Vegas.
- IHG points packages can be good value, and I purchased them in the past. What I learned from my IHG bookings is that I always save money using points purchased instead of paying cash even at non-fancy IHG hotels in the middle of nowhere! But of course, there are many other ways to get IHG points.
- If you’re already planning on going to Busch Gardens or Sea World, then you’re unlikely to find tickets cheaper than they’re being offered on Thursday.
- Wyndam packages are essentially buying 15,000 points for $175. All Wyndam hotels (from Days Inn to their fanciest hotels) cost a flat 15,000 points. It could be a good value if you end up redeeming the points for a room that cost way more than $175!
Each morning next week, we will put up a detail analysis of the day’s packages on sale. Are you planning on taking advantage of any of first week’s 2017 Daily Getaways?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them