Just a reminder that first week of 2017 Daily Getaway starts tomorrow at 1pm EST. Below are the package for sale this week.
- Monday 4/10: $50 Alamo gift certificates for $25 (50% off).
- Tuesday 4/11: MGM Las Vegas getaway packages, ranging in cost from $475 to $1,750;
- Wednesday 4/12: IHG Rewards Club points packages from 8500 points and up to 130,000 points, cost as low as 0.58 cents each, but slightly higher than last year.
- Thursday 4/13: Discounted admission to Busch Gardens and SeaWorld for only $45-50, same as last year.
- Friday 4/14: Packages of 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points for $175.
Here’s a quick rundown of each day’s packages:
- The Alamo packages can save you up to 50% on the next rental, but you can purchase a maximum of 3 packages, for a total saving of $75. You can still use any Alamo discounts such as corporate rates, single or double upgrades codes.
- The Las Vegas deals have been in every year’s Daily Getaway, and honestly there are way cheaper ways to do Vegas.
- IHG points packages can be good value, and I purchased them in the past. What I learned from my IHG bookings is that I always save money using points purchased instead of paying cash even at non-fancy IHG hotels in the middle of nowhere! But of course, there are many other ways to get IHG points.
- If you’re already planning on going to Busch Gardens or Sea World, then you’re unlikely to find tickets cheaper than they’re being offered on Thursday.
- Wyndam packages are essentially buying 15,000 points for $175. All Wyndam hotels (from Days Inn to their fanciest hotels) cost a flat 15,000 points. It could be a good value if you end up redeeming the points for a room that cost way more than $175!
Each morning next week, we will put up a detail analysis of the day’s packages on sale. Are you planning on taking advantage of any of first week’s 2017 Daily Getaways?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.