Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A few weeks ago I wrote about a sale that was United was offering on award tickets from the US (or Canada) to Australia. You can get either a 20% or 25% discount, depending on your date of travel. While you can travel any time between February 2 and June 22nd, you have to book your tickets by January 28th (this Thursday).
You can find the full details on the United promo details page, but the basic information is that:
- The discount is good only on roundtrip flights only
- You have to book your flight by January 28th, 2016
- You have to travel beginning on or after February 2, 2016, and completed on or before June 22, 2016.
- This discount is only good for travel in United economy class, and only if you can find Saver (low-level) availability (Standard awards are not discounted and neither are partner awards)
- You CAN open jaw with this promotion (so fly in to Sydney, return from Melbourne as an example)
- You get a different discount depending on what day of the week you travel
|Discount||Days of travel||Regular price||Reduced price*|
|25% off||Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu||60,000 miles|
|20% off||Fri, Sat||64,000 miles|
Full regular price for a roundtrip flight between the US or Canada and Australia is 80,000 miles. That’s a lot of miles to speculatively book if you weren’t planning on it, but if you were planning an early 2016 trip to Australia, booking by this Thursday could save you a bunch of miles!
It’s too bad this sale is only for travel through June, as otherwise this would be a huge mileage savings for my friends who are trying to travel to Australia next December!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them