Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Talk about infuriating – Esquire shares its “tips for how to Road Trip in the Age of Instagram“, and I’m not sure I have read a more annoying road-trip piece, or one more antithetical to how a road trip “should” be (which is how *I* do it, right? :-D). What do you think?
- I was featured in a post about how to property dispose of an old credit card – I had some good tips on what to do when you want to destroy a metal credit card like the Chase Sapphire
- I loved the Deal Mommy’s post on how her #1 go-to tip on how she gets her family seated together on flights. Of course the #1 way to do it is to fly Southwest (which lets families with young children board between the A and B groups). Just watch out for those Southwest seat savers!
- Drew from Travel is Free shared an interesting article about how he was able to use low-cost discount carriers to fly around the world for under $1000. That’s a little different style than my proposed round the world itinerary
- Speaking of round the world itineraries – here’s one family who traveled around the world for THREE YEARS (and lived to tell the tale!) Some great tips on how they did it.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: The best cities to take kids, what your credit card junk mail says about you, and more