Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- A great primer over on Travel Codex about when you can (and can NOT) use Alaska Airlines miles. I initially didn’t put much stock in Alaska miles, but since I learned about some of their great Mileage Plan partners, I have started getting some (though Bank of America TOTALLY screwed me on the recent checking account offer) – I’m planning on using Alaska miles as part of my next round the world trip
- Although I have never actually done one, I do enjoy the planning aspect of mileage running and elite status challenges. Here’s Loyalty Traveler’s breakdown of the flights he took to complete a recent American Airlines elite status challenge
- Traveling with kids can be tricky and I greatly admire the folks who are able to travel the world long-term (we’re still working on that). Here is Travel Babbo’s list of the top cities to take kids (organized by continent!)
- I enjoyed Travel is Free’s recap of him (and a few other bloggers) taking a roadtrip through Namibia.
- Did you know that the kind of junk mail credit card offers you get in the mail tells a lot about whether you’re rich or poor? (HT to @PFDigest on Twitter)
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Reselling tutorial, hiking with kids, the Island Hopper, #familytravel and more
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.