Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- A great primer over on Travel Codex about when you can (and can NOT) use Alaska Airlines miles. I initially didn’t put much stock in Alaska miles, but since I learned about some of their great Mileage Plan partners, I have started getting some (though Bank of America TOTALLY screwed me on the recent checking account offer) – I’m planning on using Alaska miles as part of my next round the world trip
- Although I have never actually done one, I do enjoy the planning aspect of mileage running and elite status challenges. Here’s Loyalty Traveler’s breakdown of the flights he took to complete a recent American Airlines elite status challenge
- Traveling with kids can be tricky and I greatly admire the folks who are able to travel the world long-term (we’re still working on that). Here is Travel Babbo’s list of the top cities to take kids (organized by continent!)
- I enjoyed Travel is Free’s recap of him (and a few other bloggers) taking a roadtrip through Namibia.
- Did you know that the kind of junk mail credit card offers you get in the mail tells a lot about whether you’re rich or poor? (HT to @PFDigest on Twitter)
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Reselling tutorial, hiking with kids, the Island Hopper, #familytravel and more
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them