Amazon and American Express are once again running the promotion where you can save 20% on purchases at Amazon if you use at least one American Express point. The last time they did this was back in July for Amazon Prime Day
How to activate the 20% off Amazon promo (up to $100 off)
First you must visit this page to activate the offer.
You have to pay with at least one American Express Membership Rewards, and you’ll get 20% off your order.Note that you shouldn’t pay with more than 1 point, because it’s a bad use of your American Express points
Then just add any products sold by Amazon.com (3rd party gift cards work but Amazon gift cards do not). I bought Safeway gift cards (to resell), but obviously any items sold by Amazon.com that you actually want to buy would be the best
Fine print on the deal
- This promotion starts at 12:00 am PST on November 22nd, 2018 and ends on the earlier of (i) at 11:59pm PST on 12/23/2018, or (ii) when Amazon elects to end the promotion.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted promotional items.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $100.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of items made with a Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is activated. When you click on the ‘Click to activate’ button your Membership Rewards points will be temporarily set as default payment method at checkout for a duration of six hours, unless you manually update your payment option. The promotion remains valid even after the temporary default setting lapses, until the end of the promotion period.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- Promotional discount may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
(H/T: Sam Chui)
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Your title is much different than your first sentence. It’s not $100 off “just about anything”, it’s 20 % off ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON, up to a maximum of $500 – so to get $100 off you need to spend at least $500. I hope you consider changing your title
When I clicked on the link above, I got a message that it is an invite only offer.
Yes it appears to be targeted. I was targeted so I was thinking it was more widely spread but some others are also reporting seeing the same message
Can you get the 20% off of multiple purchases up to $500 (for the max $100 discount) or must it be done in one order?
Still waiting on the answer to Darlene’s question…can it be used over multiple uses or does it have to be used in one purchase?
Travis / Darlene – I am not sure and don’t see the answer in the terms and conditions of the offer page. My GUESS would be that it all has to be done in one transaction