Amazon and American Express are once again running the promotion where you can save 20% on purchases at Amazon if you use at least one American Express point. The last time they did this was back in July for Amazon Prime Day
How to activate the 20% off Amazon promo (up to $100 off)
First you must visit this page to activate the offer.
You have to pay with at least one American Express Membership Rewards, and you’ll get 20% off your order.Note that you shouldn’t pay with more than 1 point, because it’s a bad use of your American Express points
Then just add any products sold by Amazon.com (3rd party gift cards work but Amazon gift cards do not). I bought Safeway gift cards (to resell), but obviously any items sold by Amazon.com that you actually want to buy would be the best
Fine print on the deal
- This promotion starts at 12:00 am PST on November 22nd, 2018 and ends on the earlier of (i) at 11:59pm PST on 12/23/2018, or (ii) when Amazon elects to end the promotion.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted promotional items.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $100.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of items made with a Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is activated. When you click on the ‘Click to activate’ button your Membership Rewards points will be temporarily set as default payment method at checkout for a duration of six hours, unless you manually update your payment option. The promotion remains valid even after the temporary default setting lapses, until the end of the promotion period.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- Promotional discount may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
(H/T: Sam Chui)