Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
In addition to paid travel and credit card sign-up bonuses, another great way to earn points is through shopping portals. For those of you who may not know, shopping portals give you additional points for buying products through them.
(READ MORE: Earning Miles Through Shopping Portals)
(READ MORE: How I earned over 1.6 million points in 2016)
Right now, United is offering a summer bonus promotion, which you can learn about here.
United Airlines Spring Bonus Promotion
This bonus runs from now until April 29th, and is a tiered promotion, meaning:
- Spend $150, get 500 bonus miles
- Spend $350, get 1,000 bonus miles
This bonus seems a bit on the lighter side but if you have shopping to do at these stores. There are additionally 4 stores (Coach, Macy’s, Nike, and iRobot) that you can get a bonus 100 miles if you shop $50 (you can get 100 bonus miles for each of the 4 stores).
If you spend $150 at Macy’s and $150 at Coach, you’ll earn:
- 1,500 points at Macy’s
- 1,500 points at Coach
- 1,000 bonus points for the promotion
- 200 bonus points for the stores
That’s 4,200 points, not a terrible return if you were already planning to make these purchases.
Terms & Conditions
- During the “Summer Bonus” campaign, which runs from 06/11/18 through 06/24/18 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 1,000 MileagePlus® bonus award miles on qualifying purchases made through the MileagePlus® Shopping mall or from purchases made through MileagePlus® Shopping in-store offers. This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $150; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $300 or more. The Tier 2 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded. Void where prohibited by law.
- During the “Featured Store Bonus” campaign which runs from 06/11/18 through 06/24/18 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn 100 MileagePlus® bonus award miles on cumulative qualifying purchases of at least $50 at one or all of the designated “Featured Stores”: iRobot.com, Coach, Macys.com, Nike. Member is eligible for one bonus payout of 100 MileagePlus® bonus award miles per designated “Featured Store.” All other terms apply. Void where prohibited by law.]
- Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles. Please see the MileagePlus® Shopping mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions. Please allow 8-10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus award miles to post to your MileagePlus® Shopping account.
Will you be earning these bonus points? Do you take advantage of these shopping portal bonuses in general? Let us know below!
Images courtesy of United Airlines shopping portal