Southwest has launched its fall sale with some solidly good deals between city pairs. Check your emails for subjects that include “$59 fall travel sale has landed”; the sale is also available from Southwest’s website. This sale is very widespread, with seemingly every departure city featuring at least one deal. Unfortunately, while California and international cities are included, flights to Hawaii from the mainland are not. Make sure you plan travel early: these fares require a 21-day advanced purchase and are good for September and October travel.
Don’t just accept the price noted on the sale page: as is often the case with SWA, lower prices are available on the “low fare calendar” pages. While not every deal is lower than competitors, the addition of free checked bags turns a lot of these into solid savings for family travel.
Whenever Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future SWA fares. Plus, if you are unsure after you buy one off these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours. But this sale has a short window, and prices are only good until 11:59 M Pacific Time on August 15, so act fast.
Sample Fares Between City Pairs
- Atlanta and Greenville, SC from $54
- Boston and Baltimore from $59
- Long Beach and Denver from $89
- New York (JFK) and Chicago from $74
- St. Louis and Nashville from $94
How to Book
- Visit the airline to search for sample dates and destinations
- Continental U.S. travel valid September 3 through December 18, 2019. Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 3 through December 18, 2019. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 4 through December 5, 2019. International travel valid September 3 through December 11, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, and November 30-December 2, 2019. Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22 through December 2, 2019.
- No minimum stay required
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.