I received an email from American Airline last week, for a targeted promotion to earn triple award miles on First and Business Class tickets through September 22.
Detail terms of the promotion:
- Must register by 11:50pm CDT on June 15, 2018 for this promotion and prior to your travel.
- Only tickets purchased after registration is qualified for this promotion.
- Must purchase and fly first or business class tickets at least four times to start earning triple miles.
- This is a targeted offer to those who received the email from American Airlines.
This promotion might be worthwhile to those seeking Elite Qualifying Miles for elite status, as first and business class tickets earn up to 3 EQM per dollar.
When flying AA, miles are earned based on ticket price (includes base fare plus carrier-imposed fees; excludes government-imposed taxes and fees). Depending on your elite status, you earn anywhere from 5 miles to 11 miles per dollar spent (see below). But with this promotion, you could be earning 15 miles to 33 miles per dollar spent!
- AAdvantage® member – 5 miles for every U.S. dollar
- Gold member – 7 miles/U.S. dollar (40% bonus)
- Platinum member – 8 miles/U.S. dollar (60% bonus)
- Platinum Pro member – 9 miles/U.S. dollar (80% bonus)
- Executive Platinum member – 11 miles/U.S. dollar (120% bonus)
I don’t have any plans to fly American Airlines four times in business class before September 22,. Therefore this targeted promotion is useless to me. I prefer my other targeted offer to earn 10x AA miles with my Citi AAdvantage credit card.
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them