American Airlines are sending out targeted offers for free Platinum Pro status! Did you get an offer?
American AAdvantage Platinum Pro benefits
- Complimentary upgrades on flights within North America. Upgrades are confirmed as early as 72 hours before departure;
- Complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred seats;
- Priority through the airport at check-in, security and boarding
- 9 award miles/U.S. dollar (80% bonus);
- 2 free checked bags
- oneworld® SapphireSM status on partner airlines
Terms of the exclusive offer
- Offer is only for members who received a letter directly from American Airlines;
- Registration is required by 11:59 pm CT February 1, 2018 and prior to travel in order for your Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) to count toward this promotion.
- To extend elite benefits through January 31, 2019, earn 20,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on American or other eligible airlines between registration date and May 25, 2018.
- Eligible airlines include American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia and Japan Airlines, as well as eligible codeshare flights.
Last February, I received an offer to fast track to AA Elite status, which I didn’t participate. A few months late in June, I was offered free Platinum status, which I was very surprised since I only booked one flight last year with American Airlines. I get free checked bags benefit being AA credit cardmember, and I get free access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred seats being an Alaska MVP Gold last year, so those two Platinum benefits did not interest me at the time. But I did get twenty 500-mile upgrade certificates which will sit in my account until I can take advantage of them. Sadly I wasn’t targeted this time.
Did you receive a similar offer for free American AAdvantage Platinum Pro status?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
You need to earn the EQM and spend the EQD by May 25 to keep any remaining $500 certificates. I resent AA offering people that seldom fly AA this offer unless I also get it as an existing AA Gold who nearly earned Platinum in 2017. Now AA offers me a bad offer to cash buy up to Platinum by Jan 31. No Gold or Platinum flyer should buy AAs stinking bait, even more so now that this excellent offer exists.
Hi Sharon, some of this post seems to be about Platinum and some about Platinum Pro. The benefits noted appear to be for platinum pro, however, the terms appear to be for platinum. There are no stickers for platinum pro because they get unlimited upgrades. Also, I think the requirement to keep Platinum Pro would include 20,000 miles, at least that is what my wife’s said.
oops you are correct, 20K mile needed to keep Platinum Pro. Thanks for pointing out and I corrected it.