World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage are taking their partnership to a new level for those with status. Eligible loyalty members will have the opportunity to fast track to elite tier status in the partner’s program based on qualifying activity. Any time you can earn points, miles or benefits through multiple programs with a single qualifying activity, it makes sense to take advantage. The status earned through this reciprocal program would be extremely beneficial for those who are eligible and can meet the requirements. Let’s take a look at the specifics.
What are the Details?
Starting March 9, 2020, eligible World of Hyatt and AAdvantage elite members who have linked their World of Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts will have the opportunity to register and complete qualifying activity in order to quickly achieve elite tier status in the reciprocal program. The details are as follows:
- Eligible World of Hyatt Explorists and Globalists can register by Sept. 30, 2020 and complete qualifying AAdvantage activity within three months to achieve AAdvantage Gold, Platinum or Platinum Pro status through January 2022. Once earned, the elite benefits like priority boarding, free checked bags, elite mileage bonus, preferred seats, and complimentary upgrades will be available.
- The activity is earned when a member flies on eligible tickets for flights operated by American Airlines or marketed by American, American Eagle, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines and Qantas.
- Eligible AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Executive Platinum members can register by October 2, 2020 and complete qualifying World of Hyatt activity within 90 days to achieve World of Hyatt Explorist or Globalist status through February 2022. Once earned, the elite benefits like a dedicated check-in area, late check-out upon request, room upgrades and club lounge access or complimentary breakfast are available.
- The activity is earned when a member books an eligible rate or award night through Hyatt channels.
The Fine Print
- Eligible World of Hyatt and AAdvantage members must successfully link their accounts and register in order for qualifying activity to count toward earning elite tier status during the offer period.
- Members can choose when to register for this offer based on the timing that works best for your travel plans. Once registered, you will be notified of the offer details, including the qualifying activities and specific offer period.
- World of Hyatt and AAdvantage elite members will continue earning more points and miles through this strategic relationship once you link your accounts, including:
- AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members can earn one AAdvantage bonus mile for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying Hyatt stays and experiences.
- World of Hyatt Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist members can earn one World of Hyatt Bonus Point for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying American Airlines flights.
- This is in addition to the AAdvantage miles elite members already earn on flights and the World of Hyatt points elite members already earn for hotels stays.
- AAdvantage miles earned on eligible Hyatt hotel spend are bonus miles and do not count toward elite qualifying miles.
- World of Hyatt Bonus Points earned for qualifying American Airlines flights do not count toward elite tier status in World of Hyatt.
For all of the details of the Elite Tier Status Challenge click here. If you are targeted this could be a great way to fast track your status. Even if you are not eligible it makes sense to link your accounts for the increased points and miles earning opportunities that the Hyatt and American Airlines partnerships provide.
Were you targeted? Is this going to help you reach status with Hyatt or American Airlines quicker? Let us know in the comments!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.