Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
If it’s a day that ends in “y”, it probably means that a Southwest sale is happening–let’s check out where you can fly for only $49 each way! If you want to search fares from your city, click here. You’ve got two days to book (June 14 is the last day), but buy now if you want to lock in the sale pricing!
Only one city pair is showing up for $49 each way (Long Beach, CA to Las Vegas, NV), but many are showing up for $50-$75. Remember that you won’t pay for bags should you decide to check them on Southwest. My “hometown” airports of LGA and EWR had some sub $100 flights, but no $49 deals. This sale is definitely not as good as the one we saw a couple of weeks ago.
I’ve been meaning to get out to Chicago for a weekend adventure–$176 for a roundtrip (cheaper if you use points!) is pretty compelling!
- Purchase from June 19 through June 22, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid August 13 through December 19, 2018. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 5 through December 6, 2018. International travel valid August 21 through December 12, 2018.
- Domestic travel blacked out August 31, September 3, November 20-21 & November 24-26, 2018.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that’s not guaranteed.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
- Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status.
- Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
- Offer applies only to published, scheduled service.
Additionally, Southwest is generally fee-free, but if you want to be the one of the first to board, you can always opt for Early Bird check-in.
(READ MORE: Is Southwest Early Bird check-in worth it?)
The other thing to do (as Dan has pointed out before) with these Southwest fare sales is to check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale? Let us know in the comments!