United Airlines just launched an one-day award sale to Hawaii. Instead of 45,000 miles, you pay only 36,000 miles for a roundtrip ticket, a 20% saving!
I did not find a landing page for this sale, but the offer was there when I logged into my United account last night, probably because I have the United Airlines credit card.. The sale price did show up when I searched for award flights from SFO to Honolulu during our Spring Break week in April.
Availability seems to be very good with this United award sales. Details of the sale are below:
- One day only, must be booked by 3/14/18 11:59pm CST.
- Travel between April 9 and May 20, no blackout dates.
- Normally these flights price at 45,000 miles roundtrip, but with this sale it will cost just 36,000 miles.
- Must book roundtrip ticket, no stopover allowed.
- Valid on United and United Express flights only.
- Valid on economy awards only.
Of course, there are cheaper ways to get to Hawaii, but the issue is award availability:
- 25,000 Avios roundtrip from West Coast on Alaska Airlines or American Airlines;
- 35,000 Krisflyer miles with Singapore Airlines flying on United (but be sure to check with Singapore Airlines first before transfer points to Krisflyer)
- 25,000 Korean miles roundtrip on Delta.
Are you heading to Hawaii soon?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them