As you may already know, I’m a sucker for lists and checking things off of lists. I mean I know they’re kind of cheesy and clickbait-y but hey like I said, I’m a sucker 🙂
- The 28 Worst tourist traps
- I’ve been to 50 of the Top 250 Global attractions… how about you?
- How many of the top 50 US Landmarks have you been to?
Click the image for a bigger copy
Now while I’d certainly quibble with some of the items that they picked on the list (I mean the US Air Force Museum is cool and all (I’ve been there), but I don’t know that I’d classify that as the BEST thing to do in all of Ohio. Though this list is at least better than the list the guy that was trying to find the fastest time to visit all 50 states used – Spring Grove Cemetery as the best thing in all of Ohio? C’mon man!
The methodology that this particular map used is as good as any I suppose – it’s the top rated thing on Trip Advisor for that particular state. Sure enough, the top rated thing to do in Ohio according to Tripadvisor users is indeed the Air Force Museum
How many of the Top 50 I’ve been to
So out of the Top 50 things to do, I have been to 16 of them on this list
- AZ – Grand Canyon South Rim
- CA – Alcatraz Island (well, I’ve SEEN Alcatraz from Fisherman’s Wharf – does that count? 😀 )
- WY – Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
- CO – Garden of the Gods
- NM – White Sands National Monument (my son and I briefly visited during our trip to the highest point in Texas – we did dune sledding which was fun…. for about 10 minutes : -D )
- SD – Mount Rushmore
- MO – Sight and Sounds theater in Branson (SEE ALSO: Top 5 things to do for a family in Branson)
- MS – Vicksburg National Military Park
- OH – US Air Force Museum
- PA – Gettysburg National Military Park
- IN – Indianapolis Children’s Museum
- NY – Central Park – (SEE ALSO: 4 mistakes my Dad made in New York City and a 10 year old’s Top 10 things to do in New York)
- MA – Fenway Park
- NC – Blue Ridge Parkway
- VA – Arlington National Cemetery
- DC – Lincoln Memorial
Now it’s your turn – any quibbles with the attraction for your state? How many of these Top things to do in all 50 states have YOU been to? Leave a note in the comments
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.