Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- American Express limits you to receiving one bonus in your LIFETIME for personal cards (see the current rules and best practices of credit card signups). Charlie from Running with Miles shared an interesting trick on how you can still get one type of Amex card.
- Point me to the Plane shared a way how you can book an United award without the close-in booking fee, by way of changing the dates of your award. Another way to do it that I’ve shared before works on both United AND American Airlines.
- The Hyatt Diamond challenge is
back available for signing up, (EDIT: I got my timelines incorrect and as commenters have pointed out, the Hyatt Diamond Challenge is NOT currently available) and Points MD shares his experience with getting Diamond status through the Hyatt Diamond challenge.
- Can’t get enough Points With a Crew? (and who could blame you?!!? :-D) I was interviewed over at DarynKagan.com about our crazy family adventures.
- Need to add some AUs on your MC CCs or increase your CL for your MS? Here is an interesting list of common MS (Manufactured Spending) acronyms.
- I’m heading to Europe later this month and one of the countries I’m going to is Monaco. So perhaps I’m more interested than most, but I enjoyed reading this post from TPG (see acronym sheet) about Monaco.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: The award redemption going away on Tuesday, plus hilarious 1-star National park reviews, undervalued awards and more!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
The Hyatt Diamond challenge is back? How do I register? I thought it expired at the end of July!
I think you’re not updated regarding the Hyatt Diamond challenge. They have shut it down again for now. They said they will come up with a “new version” of the challenge in the near future.
Just hoping to clarify, can you now sign up for the Diamond challenge again? I know it was suspended at the end of July for some IT upgrades.
Thanks guys – you are correct and I was mistaken about the Diamond Challenge. I’ve updated the post