Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
A few tidbits of travel-related news and notes from around the Internet.
- Pizza in Motion lets us know that there is a 1,000 mile United shopping portal bonus if you spend $225 through their portal between today and September 18th. Short time-frame but that’s almost 5x spending on top of the regular bonus that you get.
- Plink is now closing their doors. Plink was a way that you could double or triple dip with points by registering your credit card with Plink. I signed up, but never really used it much (which ironically may be why they went out of business :-D). Travel With Grant was the first blogger that I saw post about it.
- Amazon Payments was a great (and easy) way to manufacture spending, for $1000 per month (per person). They have recently updated their terms of service to include the elimination of person-to-person payments (i.e. what all of us use) effective October 12. So you’ll have September and October to get your final $1000 of spending in
- Running with Miles talks about Jet Blue’s recent award changes – some flights are as low as 3,500 miles AND there’s a current transfer bonus from American Express Membership Rewards! Personally I’ve never flown Jet Blue as they don’t fly to any airports near me, but I know others that like them
- If you’ve been trying the new SPG Tap into Luxury sweepstakes and haven’t won anything, you’re not alone. But there have been people who have reported winning.
And don’t forget – today’s the last day to enter for a $25 Southwest gift card and 4 drink vouchers!