Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Earlier today I posted about TAP Portugal’s one-way sale to Rome and Paris. There are related one-way fares to Barcelona and Madrid, which often figure in TAP sales. These fares are in the same general time frame as today’s other sale (fall and winter), with a minor addition: Chicago and San Francisco fares are good on Jan 30th, meaning you can be in Spain for New Year’s Eve! As before if you would rather use points than cash, these basic economy fares start at just over 8,000 UR through Chase’s travel portal with the Sapphire Reserve’s 1.5 cent redemption ration. Buying up to main cabin for seat selection and checked bag is about $95 more, meaning you can fly to Europe for under 15,000 points per person. That beats most domestic award redemptions from these cities!
- Barcelona: New York from $124; Miami from $154; Chicago from $142; Boston from $173; San Francisco from $280
- Madrid: New York from $123; Boston from $130; Chicago from $184; San Francisco from $280
Don’t forget your opportunity for a free stopover in Portugal on certain dates, making this a chance to visit two European cities at once, all for less than $200. That’s hard to beat under any circumstances, so check Google Flights, the Chase travel portal, or your favorite online travel agency and book your trip!
- Departure: JFK
- Stops: LIS
- Arrival: MAD
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- Widely available October 2019 – March 2020, but dates vary by route
Where to Stay in Madrid or Barcelona
- Courtyard Madrid Princesa
- Holiday Inn Express Madrid – Leganes
- DoubleTree by Hilton Madrid-Prado
- Hotel Laumon in Barcelona
- Barcelona’s Hotel 1898
Things to Do in Madrid or Barcelona
- Royal Palace of Madrid
- Madrid’s Prado National Museum
- Basilica of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
- Palau de la Musica Orfeo Catala in Barcelona
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them