Some interesting notes in and around the travel world
- Some of the hardest premium cabin awards to find nowadays are direct flights from the western United States to Europe. The Frugal Travel Guy has some tips on how to score one of those sought-after tickets!
- Traveling internationally with kids? Travis has a post at One Mile at a Time about how to use Global Entry with kids to skip the long immigration lines. Don’t think just because you (the parents) have Global Entry that it means that your kids can skip the line too! They have to sign up for Global Entry as well.
- 7 steps to planning the perfect family road trip? Sign me up! We just got back from an epic road trip through Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore
- I’ve been enjoying reading Jeffsetter’s posts about his recent “retirement”. Here’s one detailing a private cliff overlooking the beach in Mendocino, California
- Want to travel like it’s 1950? Raising Dick and Jane have 6 tips for how to simplify travels (and do it cheaper too!) One of the tips was to ditch the electronics – something we did on a recent 17 hour trip – it worked great!
- I wrote last week about the SPG American Express Business card – how it gave access to Sheraton business lounges. Frequent Miler has a great post about whether that benefit works for authorized users, award stays, or other combinations.
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them