Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Kirsten Maxwell (@kidsareatrip) from Traveling Moms shares her horror story of sending an unaccompanied minor on Frontier Airlines: What You Can Learn From Our Miserable Experience with Frontier Airlines
- You know that I’m a sucker for traveling speed records. I’ve visited all 88 counties in Ohio in less than 24 hours, all 67 counties in the 6 New England states (with timelapse dash-cam video!), and jumped into all 5 Great Lakes in a single day. So I thoroughly enjoyed the story of the man who set the record for hiking all 58 Colorado 14ers in less than 10 days!
- In aviation circles, there’s an “argument” between the US “Big 3” (American, United and Delta) and the Middle East “Big 3” (Etihad, Qatar and Emirates). I enjoyed this post by Cranky Flier talking about how many passengers Alaska funnels to Emirates.
- I just shared my expenses for a week long vacation to Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore – Drew and Carrie from TravelIsFree.com have publicly posted their expenses for the past TWO YEARS! I always enjoy reading about their adventures.
- Gary from View from the Wing always has great stuff – here he talks about Hyatt corporate’s attempts to stop their hotels from playing games with reward night availability. Great read, and something to keep in mind if you’re not finding award availability at a Hyatt.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: 2 #giveaways, a Singapore award sweet spot, #ChildFreeFlights, tax ripoffs, back to school shopping and more
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them