Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Here’s the latest release of the average airfare at different airports, as compiled by the government. I’m just glad Cincinnati is no longer #1!
- Drew and Carrie from Travel is Free travel and stay in hotels full-time. One thing that makes them different from many travel bloggers (whose travel is often comped in exchange for reviews) is that they publish their full expenses. For all of 2015, they spent $6,678.66 total. And if you think that was in sleazy roach motels (my worst hotel stay ever), they spent most nights in 4 or 5 star hotels!
- Don’t forget we’re still giving away two $50 American Airlines gift card – you can enter up to 4 times.
- Here’s how Hyatt status matches work now. It’s too bad I didn’t get Hyatt Diamond status, and won’t get to visit the 7 places I was going to go with my new Hyatt Diamond status
- Playing IHG Priceless Surprises? After filling out my 94 envelopes, I’m wondering if I should get worried about not having heard anything. Some people are reporting that IHG told them that their entry didn’t WIN ANYTHING!? (Thankfully that does appear to be an error, but doesn’t engender much confidence!)
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: What to do in a frequent flyer audit? Plus bucket list travel and more
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them