Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Via Mile Nerd, I learned about 3 contests being run by various shopping portals. Since all of the shopping portal sites are the same, it is no surprise that they are running similar contests.
For each one, the Grand Prize is 100,000 miles + $2500, and there are 3 First Prizes of 20,000 miles each
- United shopping portal sweepstakes
- Alaska shopping portal sweepstakes
- American shopping portal sweepstakes
You get 100 entries for signing up for (or not unsubscribing from) emails from the portal companies. You can also get 20 entries up to 5 times a day for making a purchase through the portal of at least $50.
Shopping Portal contest fine print, terms and conditions
Of course the first thing I always do when I see contests like this is look for the terms and conditions. That’s how I found out to spend my evenings filing out envelopes to get 100,000 IHG points
A few notes I saw from the terms and conditions (this is from the United site though I’d imagine they’re all similar)
- Sweepstakes begins on September 12, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 29, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- You can hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, MileagePlus® account number, and date of birth on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “MileagePlus® Shopping 2017 Bon Voyage Sweepstakes,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5006, Department 831438 Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5006. You will receive one hundred (100) entries for each properly mailed request.
- Hey it’s HelloWorld again! Hopefully they’ve figured out how to run contests better!
- An entrant may receive a maximum aggregate of nineteen hundred and one (1901) entries into the Sweepstakes.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them