Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Hyatt introduced their new Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card back in June 2018, and made great impressions on points & miles enthusiasts. However, it was announced that on January 9th, the introductory bonus of earning 60,000 points after spending in summary $6,000 in six months would be decreasing.
If you have been contemplating about applying, we would really appreciate if you use our link here!
If you value these points at 1.5 cents per point, and after meeting the $6,000 in spending, your 66,000 (at minimum) World of Hyatt points are worth roughly $1,100!
While the introductory offer is pretty solid, I personally wouldn’t be in a rush to put this card at the top of your wallet. The point earning categories are as follow…
- 9 points total per $1 spent for Hyatt stays and experiences including restaurants and spas. That is roughly 13.5% back!
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for getting around with local transit and commuting
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for dining out at restaurants, cafes and coffee shops
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for taking off with flights purchased directly from the airline
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for staying healthy with fitness club and gym memberships
- 1 Bonus Point per $1 spent on everything else.
There are robust categories to earn bonus points, but other travel credit cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve can bring in more valuable returns.
All in all, this is a great card for someone looking to grab some easy points and aren’t extremely loyal to their current hotel chain of choice.
Again – the link to apply for 60,000 World of Hyatt points is here; we may receive a commission if you’re approved through this link
Let us know if you apply! 🙂