Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- This was a long (50+ forum page) but INCREDIBLY AWESOME read of 2 Belgian travelers who managed to cross the Democratic Republic of the Congo by car. It took them nearly 2 months!
- Ah I love The Onion – American Airlines Admirals Club Installs Two-Way Mirror For Members To Enjoy Misery Of Passengers In Gate Waiting Area. My only quibble with the article is the Onion describing Admirals Clubs has having “gourmet food options”. That certainly hasn’t been my experience! If anything this was similar to the Emirates First Class lounge in Dubai since you’re up on the 2nd story and actually CAN look down at the rest of the terminal from the lounge
- I’ve never personally flown Spirit – but I really enjoyed Ben at OMAAT sharing his 8 tips not to regret flying Spirit
- Free-quent flyer ranks his Top 5 auxiliary credit card benefits. I might quibble a bit with his list (despite his arguments to the contrary, I’d argue the IHG free night over the Hyatt free night). I’m just happy I can finally take advantage of #5 (Centurion Lounge access) after not being able to for some time #2ndKidsMatter
- I know I’m not the only one that likes to “check things off lists” – here’s a study that shows there are actual scientific reasons people like to complete lists.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Teen arrives at SFO, opens emergency door on tarmac and makes a break for it