Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
The online application for the Chase Sapphire Reserve is now live. If you have been living in a cave the past few days, here are a few introductory posts about the Chase Sapphire Reserve – basically it’s a premium card that is offering a 100,000 Ultimate Rewards signup bonus and comes with a $450 annual fee. The discussion was whether Chase Sapphire Reserve 5/24 would be in effect, and now that the application is live, we now have some data points.
- Did you get your new Chase Sapphire Reserve card yesterday?
- Who should do a Chase Sapphire Reserve application (and who shouldn’t apply)
- Why I keep recommending the Chase Sapphire Preferred for people starting out
- Comparing the Chase Sapphire Reserve vs Chase Sapphire Preferred card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs Amex Platinum vs Citi Prestige
- Why the Chase Sapphire Reserve card might make using Rapid Rewards obsolete
Chase Sapphire Reserve 5/24 data points
So while this is not a comprehensive and statistically significant survey, I thought I would look on the various posts that have been put out on Chase Sapphire Reserve 5/24 and read through all the comments of people saying if they were approved or declined, along with whether they were over or under the Chase 5/24 rule.
- Miles to Memories – 2 people over 5/24 – 2 declines.
- One Mile at a Time – 8 people over 5/24 – 7 declines. 1 person under 5/24 – 0 approved instantly
- Frequent Miler – 3 people over 5/24 – 3 declines
- Doctor of Credit – 5 people over 5/24 – 4 declines. 3 person under 5/24 – 3 approved
- Points With a Crew miles and points Slack channel – 3 person over 5/24 – 3 declines. 4 people under 5/24 – 2 approved instantly
There is also a ton of discussion including survey spreadsheets on the reddit thread. So it looks like Chase Sapphire Reserve 5/24 is definitely the case.
You can apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve through the below links, if you’re under 5/24 or want to give it a try anyways. I do receive a commission if you’re approved through this link
Have you applied for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card? Leave your 5/24 data points in the comments