Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
In additional to the double mile promotions on 40+ new domestic nonstop routes, Alaska Airlines also has a double miles promotion on international nonstop routes serviced by its global partners. Through September 30, 2017, you can earn double miles in select economy class fares with Alaska Airline’s 10 global partners on 33 international routes. You must register before your first flight but no later than September 1, 2017.
Double miles earned are limited to specific routes and specific economy class of fares flown on each of the ten global partners listed below. The list does include pretty much all economy class fares, which is great.
Terms of the promotion include:
- Mileage Plan members who register for this promotion prior to their first qualifying flight will receive double miles.
- Double miles earned are based on class of service flown.
- Percentage of base miles earned can be viewed on the corresponding airline partner page.
- Double miles offer is valid only on qualifying paid nonstop flights from June 1, 2017, through September 30, 2017.
- All travel must be completed by September 30, 2017.
- Flights must be marketed and operated by British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Fiji Airways, Hainan, Icelandair, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, LAN, or Qantas.
- Flights must be flown in the eligible economy classes of service listed.
- Flight miles must be credited to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan account in order to earn double miles.
- Not valid on free or award travel.
- Double miles do not count toward Mileage Plan elite status.
- Please allow four to six weeks for miles to be credited to your Mileage Plan account.
Great mileage earning
You could earn a really nice chunk of redeemable miles under this promotion. For example, I found a $628 economy class Q fare with Cathay Pacific between Los Angeles and Hong Kong. The trip is almost 14,500 miles roundtrip and Cathay Q fare will earn you 25% of based miles flown, which would be around 7,200 valuable Alaska miles under this promotion. If you have MVP Gold or MVP Gold 75K status, you will earn an additional 100% and 125% respectively. So if you are MPV Gold 75K member, you could be earning almost 12,000 redeemable miles.
If you have plans to fly by September 30 on any of the 33 routes serviced by the 10 global partners included in this promotion, be sure to register for the promotion prior to your first flight.