Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
If you haven’t been following along with Points With a Crew this week, here are the top stories that you may have missed. If you like what you’re seeing, make sure you don’t miss out on another deal, by following me on Twitter, Facebook or our once-daily email
- The big news for me this week was that my blog is now a permanent member of the BoardingArea.com network – if you’re new here, here’s a little bit about me – Meet PWaC: A Traveling father of SIX
- There were some pretty amazing domestic airfares on American / US Airways this week (now expired). Would you have booked this mileage run?
- “Help me get back from London!” – An interesting walkthrough on the steps you can go through to find multiple award tickets.
- The HUGE mistake I made by not booking my hotel early – For my upcoming getaway trip to Europe, I made a real bonehead move when it came to picking our hotel in Dublin, Ireland.
- My friend Jana is in Paris right now – she gives us 7 Travel Tips to Save Money in Paris
Miles, Points and Credit cards
- More big news was the new IHG Point Breaks coming out – here’s a map and a sortable table of the 160 hotels that you can get for only 5,000 points a night
- Several “back to school” shopping portal promotions are now available – it’s 1500 miles from Delta, 3500 miles from Southwest or American, and 4000 miles from United
- There’s a new #1 airport for the cheapest average fares – I have to say the result totally floored me!
- There are now Delta flights for only 5000 Skymiles, but… it might not matter.
- You can get 10,000 AAdvantage miles for switching energy providers – but be careful if you do
- I nearly got bit by the fact that some transactions don’t count towards minimum spend! If you’re trying to meet minimum spend on a credit card, make sure that you see which transactions do and don’t count!
News and Notes
- Some news and notes from around the travel world – Same day change guide, #ResellingDo, statement credit denials, chasing fares, how to retire to hotels and more
- Airline Route Mapper – tool showing every flight on every airline – here’s a great tool that I use to figure out which airlines fly where. It’s very useful when trying to put together more complicated itineraries
If you’re still up for reading the best travel news, here was last week’s recaps – 25,000 mile offer, a 91 minute pocket dial, portal bonuses, a new Point Breaks list and a service #fail