Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Southwest is having yet another fare sale, although this one will stick around for a bit longer than other flash sales we’ve seen. From now through June 29, you can book flights starting at $42 one-way.
Flights are on sale between August 22, 2017 and December 16, 2017, so this isn’t really a way to score a deal on last-minute summer travel. If you have Fall plans, though, be sure to check it out!
Because Southwest has award prices that are tied to the cost of revenue tickets, this means they effectively have an award sale as well. Here are some of the details:
- Purchase from June 20 through June 29, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid August 22 through December 16, 2017. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 6 through December 7, 2017. International travel valid November 5 through December 13, 2017.
- Domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico travel blacked out September 1, September 4, November 21-22 & November 25-27, 2017.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight
Book by June 29!
The other thing to do (as Dan has pointed out before) with these Southwest fare sales is to check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale? Let us know in the comments!