Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- There’s a new pedestrian bridge coming to connect the Tijuana airport and San Diego. It was scheduled to open today (December 9th) and the $18 fee is waived until the 18th. You do need a valid boarding pass and a passport to use the bridge
- I wrote a few weeks ago about finding top 5 worst American Airlines award chart devaluations . Travel is Free has a great rundown about making the best of the AA award changes – going through every region and every fare class to find some spots where it’s not THAT bad.
- Supposedly Marriott is getting rid of desks in hotels because “millennials don’t like them”. That seems… odd?
- The Family Travel for Real Life (#FT4RL) conference is back with another installment. I’ve been to all 3 previous conferences and they’ve been great. Here’s the breakdown of the speakers and topics – tickets still available!
- Be Your Own Elite: : Go where you want, when you want spending as little as possible to do so
- Beyond New York, London and Hawaii: Distinctive Family Destinations
- Hacking Trips on the Ground: Cruises, Trains, Cars, Camels…
- Miles and Points Earning and Burning Strategies for Growing Families
- Disney Travel Hacker Style
- PointsMD shares the secret to finding business class award space to Europe
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: A new tallest building in the world? Plus travel like you’re transferring serial killers from a prison