Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- IHG recently announced a new partnership with Uber, and they join Hilton and Starwood in partnering with Uber. View from the Wing shares how to maximize your benefits from each of the partnerships.
- I really enjoyed this New York Times article about comedian Jim Gaffigan, who travels with his FIVE kids. I say Jim, that’s a great “start” to your family 😀 My favorite quote was:
Traveling with 3- and 4-year-old boys is like transferring serial killers from a prison. You have to be constantly aware.
- I don’t know if you’ve enrolled in the IHG Priceless Surprises promotion (hand writing 94 index cards / envelopes for 47,000 IHG points), but Deals we Like is reporting that the first emails are coming in. So if you were worried that it wouldn’t work, it looks like it’s now safe to proceed. Here’s Mrs. PWaC dutifully filling out envelopes
- You may already have seen Frequent Miler’s (insane) plan to use over a million Virgin Atlantic miles to book one week on Richard Branson’s private island, Necker Island. It looks like he’s finally gotten all the points he needs, and has booked his week-long stay on Necker Island.
- It looks like there may soon be a new tallest building in the world. Visiting the Burj Khalifa (as the world’s tallest building) is on my travel bucket list, but I’m not sure how I should handle my list if a new tallest building actually opens?
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: The worst kind of traveler, tracking special airline liveries, 31 SPG points / $ and more
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them