Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Yesterday it was United MileagePlus, today it is American AAdvantage’s turn for the Valentine’s Day shopping bonus. Be sure to compare both shopping portals’ earn rates through CashBack Monitor before you shop online.
(READ MORE: Earning Miles Through Shopping Portals)
(READ MORE: How I earned over 1.6 million points in 2016)
AAdvantage Valentine’s Day Bonus
You can find complete details of the promotion here. It is identical to United MileagePlus shopping promotion that started yesterday. You will earn 500 bonus American Airlines miles when you spend $125 or 1,000 miles when you spend $250.
- This bonus runs from now until 2/13/17 at 11:59:50pm ET February 13th.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $125; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $250 or more.
- Qualifying purchases do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please allow 8-10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus award miles to post to your MileagePlus Shopping account.
- The Tier 2 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded. Void where prohibited by law.
Save money shopping online with Amex Offers
Yesterday’s six new Amex Offers include savings for flowers, chocolate or even Swarovski crystals. Other still active Amex Offers include Neiman Marcus (currently pays 4 miles per dollar), eBags (currently pays 8 miles per dollar) and more. Please check your accounts and see if there are any interest you.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them