Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I’ve often said that the best way to start travel hacking is to begin with the end in mind. Pick a place, and only THEN figure out what miles will help you get there. Once you have a good stable of miles, it’s good to have a stable of places you are interested in going (I keep a travel bucket list) and then “chase the fare, not the destination”. I enjoyed Mommy Points ruminating about possible upcoming trips for her and her family.
- I got Global Entry (and TSA Precheck) by having the American Express Platinum® card – but Michael W Travels reports of a cheaper way to get Global Entry
- I had not previously read the Five Plus Two Giftbox until I read her VERY IMPRESSIVE story of buying and liquidating $20,000 in gift cards to meet the British Airways credit card signup bonus. Read more about the FPT (5 + 2) model and how she uses all the proceeds from all the travel hacking to help others.
- You can get up to 1300 free FlexPerks points in 3 different promos – and don’t forget about the
300 La Quinta points (in 10 seconds!the La Quinta offer is now apparently expired
- One of the strange things about traveling full-time is that when you come back to the USA, there are several “strange” things – Carrie from Freakin Flyers shares 15 things that she found odd after being out of the country for nearly 6 months.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Clothes to stop pick pockets, AAdvantage devaluation rumors, screaming babies, pick pockets
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.