Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I’ve often said that the best way to start travel hacking is to begin with the end in mind. Pick a place, and only THEN figure out what miles will help you get there. Once you have a good stable of miles, it’s good to have a stable of places you are interested in going (I keep a travel bucket list) and then “chase the fare, not the destination”. I enjoyed Mommy Points ruminating about possible upcoming trips for her and her family.
- I got Global Entry (and TSA Precheck) by having the American Express Platinum® card – but Michael W Travels reports of a cheaper way to get Global Entry
- I had not previously read the Five Plus Two Giftbox until I read her VERY IMPRESSIVE story of buying and liquidating $20,000 in gift cards to meet the British Airways credit card signup bonus. Read more about the FPT (5 + 2) model and how she uses all the proceeds from all the travel hacking to help others.
- You can get up to 1300 free FlexPerks points in 3 different promos – and don’t forget about the
300 La Quinta points (in 10 seconds!the La Quinta offer is now apparently expired
- One of the strange things about traveling full-time is that when you come back to the USA, there are several “strange” things – Carrie from Freakin Flyers shares 15 things that she found odd after being out of the country for nearly 6 months.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Clothes to stop pick pockets, AAdvantage devaluation rumors, screaming babies, pick pockets