Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- There have been rumors from some seemingly well-placed sources of American Airlines set to devalue. I agree with Gary from View from the Wing in his saying that the thing that worries me is waiting for the other shoe to drop on this – what are they going to do to the award chart?
- Drew and Carrie from Travel is Free recently spent 47 nights in Egypt at low-category hotels: Here’s their ranking / hotel reviews of the hotels that they stayed at. No surprise – they were pretty much all great – remember – there is a TON of value in low-level hotels!
- Are you on a flight with a screaming baby? I liked these tips on how to handle things if there’s a screaming baby on your flight! Just remember that you shouldn’t expect parents to give you a goodie bag!
- A line of clothing that can stop pick pockets? Color me intrigued by the 18th testimonial of how these pants have stopped pick pockets – this time from Barcelona.
- It seems there is a debate as to whether it’s rude to wake up your seatmate if you have to use the restroom. It seems clear to me – while you should attempt to be polite if possible (i.e. go when they go), if you gotta go, you gotta go – if you don’t want to be woken up, pick a window seat! (Personally, I’ve found a way to once and for all settle the aisle / window debate!)
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Road tripping in the “age of Instagram” (barf!) and other great travel news
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
No doubt that the award chart will devalue. They warned us already that changes will happen after the merger is implemented. No one can serious think they will keep these low partner redemption levels into 2016? People should stop complaining and just book award tickets now. This is life – changes happen.