Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
The big news of the week was that American Express was changing the access policy at their Centurion lounges
(WARNING: Angry comments ahead!)
The UK is a popular place for US tourists to go – we went there a few years ago
You can get to the UK pretty cheap, but leaving the UK can be expensive due to their APD tax
Sometimes when traveling, you end up with a layover in a city lasting the whole day
And while some airports are nice, you might not want to stay there for >12 hours…
So Sam tried to answer the question – “Can you leave the airport during a layover?”
It’s time for that one popular basketball tournament I can’t name without getting sued
So we’ll run our own “Card Madness” to figure out the best credit card
Starting with the first four cards on Tuesday morning – check back then!
One of the benefits of some of the “premium” credit cards is Priority Pass membership
Each card has different access policies
I have had truly great hotel customer service before
But I think this one takes the cake
I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them so far but…
This month I had some trouble with Plastiq (not) paying my mortgage
- Hyatt Regency Kyoto Review
- A walk through Nijo Castle Kyoto
- 4 top travel podcasts you might be interested in
- The magical journey through thousands of tori gates at Fushimi Inari Shrine
- 6 things to do over a half day in Arashiyama Kyoto
- 5 fifth freedom routes I’m highly interested in flying
- My first Japanese BBQ experience – Yakiniku Hiro Kyoto
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- 5 New Amex Offers show up this morning
- [Targeted] Earn 5,000 SPG Points!
- 5x earning coming to the Amex Business Platinum as well
- Free 500 Singapore miles if you sign up by April 14, 2017.
- Watch your points bloom with AAdvantage eShopping Portal Bonus
- Last month to use 3 Amex Offers for Hilton properties, and stack with 4 Hilton promotions
- More free money Mad Lib at Staples! Week of March 12th
In the News
- Fall travel already?! – Southwest flights from $39
- Are we poised for agonizing summer air travel in Europe?
- Grab a bargain to Bergen, thanks to Norwegian!
- Amtrak’s Double Days promotion is back!
- Frontier to add 11 routes, grows in Colorado Springs and Las Vegas
- 2 highly innovative elements of Qatar’s new ‘super business class’ seat
- Alaska adds 13 new nonstop routes from the San Francisco Bay Area
- Cathay Pacific expands SFO service with brand new Airbus A350
- United Airlines to protest Emirates new Newark service
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Whiny complaints, stiffing the hotel maid, and a place that’s hard to get to
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them