Another month has flown by – it’s hard to believe! I’m getting ready to head to the Family Travel for Real Life (#FT4RL) conference this weekend (along with another, work, conference) and it kind of snuck up on me!
If you missed anything from Points With a Crew this month, you’ll want to make sure to sign up for our once-daily email to make sure you don’t miss out on any of these or other great travel deals.
- The biggest news of the month was United having a fare “sale” where you could get a transatlantic first-class ticket for ~$90. Later, United said they would NOT honor the tickets purchased, and the DOT declined to force them to do so. If you missed out on that, here are 4 reasons why you’ll miss out on the NEXT mistake fare sale. So make sure to be one of the ones who DOES get in on these kinds of sales!
- Continuing on United’s bad rap in the news, there was what I found to be the INCREDIBLY deceptive United award chart to Alaska.
- Delta, not to be outdone, decided to completely remove their award charts from their site. Luckily, we still have the Delta award chart 2015 here on the site!
- In better news, IHG announced their Points Break list for March 2015 – May 2015, where about 150 hotels are bookable for only 5,000 points a night. To help visualize where these hotels are, I came up with a map that shows all the IHG Point Breaks locations.
- American is now waiving phone booking fees on certain award redemptions
- Singapore Airlines introduces their Premium Economy class.
- I took a trip to San Juan where we stayed at the Hyatt House San Juan. Did you wonder how much my “free trip” actually ended up costing? With a new place visited, it was time to update the travel map!
- Southwest announced that they would be devaluing their Rapid Rewards currency, but wouldn’t say how or in what way.
- After several false starts, AirAsia’s ASEAN pass, which offers 10 flights for $160 in Southeast Asia, is finally live!
- If you get denied for a credit card, you might need the Barclay reconsideration phone number and website.
- If you haven’t yet, take a few minutes to vote in the Freddie Awards, for the best hotel and airline loyalty programs and promotions. Here were my Freddie Awards votes!
- If you sign up for (or already have!) the Chase Hyatt card, you can sign up for this promotion to give you a 20% rebate on ALL Hyatt stays for the next few months
- Last but not least, if you are interested in personal finance, here was my guest post on budgetsaresexy.com on what a budget for a family of 8 looks like. Some great conversation in the comments as well!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.