In a big push for transatlantic services, Delta announced this week that it is launching six new nonstop services across the Atlantic for summer 2018. The new services will be from Delta’s hub in Los Angeles, New York JFK, Atlanta, and Detroit.
Los Angeles to Paris and Amsterdam
The two new nonstop services to Europe from Delta’s west coast hub will launch on June 16 and will be using Boeing 777-200LR aircrafts. Schedules are as follows:
- DL156, leaving LAX at 12 noon arriving Paris CDG 7:55am next day (Tue/Thurs/Sat)
- DL 157, leaving Paris CDG 3:15pm, arriving LAX at 6:25pm (Wed/Fri/Sun)
- DL78, leaving LAX at 12 noon, arriving Amsterdam 7:55am next day (Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun)
- DL79, leaving Amsterdam 3:35pm, arriving LAX 6:25pm (Mon/Tue/Thur?Sat)
New York JFK to Azore and Nigeria
New York JFK airport is Delta’s largest trans-Atlantic gateway. Delta will launch seasonal service to the Ponta Delgada-Azores (PDL) on May 24, and year-round service to Lagos, Nigeria (LOS) on March 24. Additionally, the current New York-JFK to London-LHR route will be upgraded with new A330 service.
- DL417, leaving JFK at 8:30pm arriving PDL at 7:30am next day, 5x week excluding Mon/Wed
- DL217, leaving PDL at 9:15am arriving JFK at 10:30am, 5x week excluding Tue/Thurs
- DL415, leaving JFK at 10:55pm, arriving Largo LOS at 2:50pm next day, Mon/Wed/Fri
- DL215, leaving Largo LOS at 11:30pm, arriving JFK at 5:30am next day, Tue/Thurs/Sun
Atlanta to Lisbon
Delta will launch new daily seasonal service to Lisbon on Boeing 767 aircraft on May 24. The seasonal service will run through Sept. 4 and operate on the following schedule:
- DL122, leaving Atlanta 7:30pm, arriving Lisbon 8:45am next day
- DL123, leaving Lisbon 10:30am, arriving Atlanta 2:45pm
Detroit to Paris
Delta will add 3rd daily nonstop service between Detroit and Paris beginning May 16. The new flights will be operating on the following schedule:
- DL96, leaving Detroit at 3:50pm, arriving Paris CDG at 6am next day
- DL99, leaving Paris CDG at 1:10pm, arriving Detroit at 4:10pm
Orlando and Indianapolis
The previously announced year-round new service between Orlando and Amsterdam will begin on March 30, while service between Indianapolis and Paris will begin on May 24.
- DL126, leaving Orlando at 9:45pm, arriving Amsterdam at 12:45pm next day
- DL127, leaving Amsterdam at 1:15pm, arriving Orlando at 5:40pm
- DL500, leaving Indianapolis at 6:20pm, arriving Paris CDG at 8:45am next day
- DL501, leaving Paris CDG at 1:15pm, arriving Indianapolis at 4:35pm
The new flights have not been loaded into Delta’s booking system. So at this point, we do not know what award availability will look like. If you are interesting in flying any of these routes next summer and perhaps using Skymiles, be sure to check Delta’s website often.
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them