In addition to paid travel and credit card sign-up bonuses, another great way to earn points is through shopping portals. For those of you who may not know, shopping portals give you additional points for buying products through them.
(READ MORE: Earning Miles Through Shopping Portals)
(READ MORE: How I earned over 1.6 million points in 2016)
Right now, United, American, and Southwest are also offering a back to school promotion, and now, you can earn Delta SkyMiles too!
Delta Airlines Back to School Promotion
This bonus runs from now until August 3rd, and it is a tiered promotion, meaning:
- Spend $150, get 500 bonus miles
- Spend $350, get 1,000 bonus miles
If you’re not going to spend a lot of money, this might be the promotion for you. For $150, you get 500 SkyMiles, which is the best bonus for the lowest tier of any offer. It may make sense to combine the four promotions if you have a lot of back to school (or just regular!) shopping to do.
On the promotion landing page, the website also gives you some sample places where you can shop and earn even more points per dollar on your portal purchases.
If you spend all $350 required for the promotion at Lord & Taylor, for instance, you’ll earn 3 points per dollar (1,050 points) plus the 1,000 points for the promotion, for a total of 2,050 points! That’s in addition to the credit card point you’ll earn from spending as well. As you can see, the Delta offers seem to have the lowest points per dollar on their stores
Terms and Conditions
- During the “Back to School” bonus campaign, which runs from 07/25/17 through 08/03/17 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to up to 1,000 bonus miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard SkyMiles Shopping miles earned from shopping online through the SkyMiles Shopping mall.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $150; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $350 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the SkyMiles Shopping site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
Will you be earning these bonus points? Do you take advantage of these shopping portal bonuses in general? Let us know below!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them