In addition to paid travel and credit card sign-up bonuses, another great way to earn points is through shopping portals. For those of you who may not know, shopping portals give you additional points for buying products through them.
- READ MORE: Earning Miles Through Shopping Portals
- READ MORE: How I earned over 1.6 million points in 2016
- READ MORE: How I earned over 2.1 million points in 2017
For nearly every purchase I make online, I try to go through a shopping portal. I often start at Cash Back Monitors to see which portal pays out the most. On top of the regular payout, portals run promotion all the time, especially around holidays.
One of my favorite online shopping portal promotion is the Double Avios Event from British Airways Avios eStore where you can earn double the standard Avios collection rate from a long list of online merchants.The promotion has returned and will run through Sunday July 8. You can access the details here.
Terms of the promotion
- The British Airways Avios eStore Double Avios offer is valid for all members who make an Eligible purchase via the British Airways Avios eStore between 00:01 Thursday 28th June 2018 and 23:59 Sunday 8th July 2018.
- Members will receive double the standard Avios collection rate.
- An Eligible purchase is where one Avios or more is collected through purchases made via the British Airways Avios eStore only.
- Purchases made directly in the Partners stores will not qualify for the double Avios award.
- Selected retailers are excluded from the double Avios offer and certain exclusions apply, see individual retail pages within the British Airways Avios eStore for details.
- All Avios will be added to your account within 40 (forty) days of the date of your purchase.
- Avios will not be awarded on items that are returned or cancelled.
- Standard British Airways Avios eStore Terms and Conditions apply.
A few of my favorite stores
There is a long list of stores in the Avios eStore, and here’s a list of my favorite stores:
- eBags 20 Avios per dollar, perfect for buying that new backpack for school or a new luggage for the next trip, even that Bose headset you have been eyeing for months.
- Neiman Marcus 12 Avios per dollar, time to refill lotions and makeup products, or purchase directly from cosmetic companies for 16 Avios per dollar.
- Addidas 16 Avios per dollar, time to order new sneakers my kids need.
- 1800PedMed 20 Avios per dollar, for that expensive pill that my dog needs.
- Nike 12 Avios per dollar, for the soccer cleats that my daughter need in the fall.
- Best Buy 2 Avios per dollar, or Apple 6 Avios per dollar, for the new Macbook I have been thinking
- Macys 6 Avios per dollar, or Gap brands 8 Avios per dollar
With three kids, the purchases add up fast in my book, so are the points. Neitherless to say, I plan on doing back-to-school shopping for my kids in the next week or so.