Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Amtrak promotions are some of the best ways to earn additional points, especially the lucrative Double Days promotions! If the title didn’t give it away, the Amtrak Double Days promotion is going on, and it’s ending soon! From now until this promotion ends (11/18), you’ll earn twice as many points on paid trips than you normally would. You’ll need to register, which you can do here or by logging into your Amtrak Guest Rewards account and navigating to the Promotions tab.
(READ MORE: It’s Back — Earn Double Points with Amtrak!)
(SEE ALSO: Amtrak NYC to Boston Review)
— Amtrak (@Amtrak) October 18, 2017
Terms and Conditions
- Earn double points on qualifying Amtrak travel from September 18 12:00:00am CST through November 18, 2017 11:59:59pm CST
- Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register for this offer online at AmtrakGuestRewards.com/DoubleDays to participate
- Members must include their membership number when making reservations for travel to qualify
- Limit of four qualifying one-way segments per day
- Amtrak Guest Rewards points will not be awarded for cancelled or refunded reservations or tickets
Earning extra points is easy
With the Double Days promotion, all you need to do is register, and any trip you have planned within the two month window will be eligible to earn double points, as long as you’ve paid for your trip (reward travel DOES NOT count). With these promotions, the math can really work in your favor, especially if you also have the Amtrak Guest Rewards World credit card from Bank of America. Let’s use a sample Philadelphia trip I took recently as an example: a $112 Amtrak Northeast Regional coach class ticket. That ticket will net me:
- 224 base points
- 224 bonus points for participating in the Double Days promotion
- 336 points for using the Amtrak Guest Rewards World credit card
In total, I’m earning 784 points for one roundtrip fare! That’s SEVEN points per dollar spent–a pretty good return on the ticket price! And while 784 points isn’t enough for a roundtrip ticket between NYC and Philadelphia, it is about 20% of the points you need–not bad for one purchase.
Registering for a promotion like this is a no-brainer! Again, here’s the link to register for the promotion, and while you’re at it–register for their other promotions too!
(READ MORE: 4 New Amtrak Promotions Now Available)
Did you or will you take advantage of this promotion? Let us know!
Header image courtesy of Amtrak