Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
It is time for the the next Frequent Traveler University, which is coming up in Seattle on the weekend of February 23-25, 2018. Originally it was at the Four Points Sheraton but it has been moved to the Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport
The host hotel room block sold out fast, we are working with them to expand the block at the $89/night rate, if/when it is working again it will be at this link with deadline to book by 1/24.
FTU bills itself as a way to learn the insider tips, tricks and secrets to using frequent flyer miles, hotel points and credit card rewards in a small group environment. FTU Signature combines high-quality topics and indispensable social networking with like-minded travelers to create an unforgettable attendee experience
FTU Signature Seattle 2018
FTU Signature is what I think of as more of the “traditional” FTU – this is the whole weekend and your ticket includes
- Two days of expert-led sessions in classroom settings on Saturday and Sunday
- Coffee and tea on Saturday and Sunday morning until 10:30am
- Plated lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Internet in the conference rooms
- Ariana Arghandewal of PointChaser
- Tiffany Funk of One Mile at a Time on Aspirational Award Travel
- Matthew Klint of Live and Let’s Fly on the Latest Developments in Award Travel
- Stefan Krasowski of Rapid Travel Chai on Credit Cards
- Jon & Ben Nickel-D’Andrea of No Mas Coach on Alaska Mileage Plan and Marriott-SPG
- Mike Graziano of Make Travel Hacking Great Again on Manufactured Spend Techniques and When Things Go Wrong
- Senitra Horbrook of Points Travelher on Bank and Credit Union Manufactured Spend and Hotel Mattress Running
The Saturday keynote is David Rowell of The Travel Insider on The Future of Travel. On the Saturday morning we are running a beginners boot camp to welcome new miles and points travelers and first-time FTU attendees:
- Stefan on The 5 Key Concepts of Incredible Miles and Points Travel
- Tiffany on Beginner’s Award Travel
- Ariana on Beginner’s Manufactured Spend
Tickets are $249 though I have codes for $20 off (making your total price $229 – see below). I have been told that the $30 off that FTU offered on Black Friday / Cyber Monday will NOT return
FTU Seattle 2018 promo codes
For the end of the year, there is one set of FTU Seattle 2018 promo codes for $20 off of FTU Seattle 2018, using promo code FTUSTOCKINGSTUFFER. This code gives
- $20 off registration, regularly $249
- A copy of Chris Guillebeau’s latest book, Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 days
Should you go to FTU Seattle 2018?
I’ve had fun at conferences like this. For many of us, we are the only “miles and points” people in our area, so it can be fun to spend time with other people who “get it”. If you’re starting out, you will probably get tips from the different sessions, but you’re likely to get even MORE value from networking with people before, during and after the sessions. People are more likely to share tips at sessions like this vs. putting them out there on a blog / the Internet
Even people who have been in the miles and points world for awhile are likely to get at least one actionable item in addition to the networking tips
While you’re in Seattle, you might want to check out
- 6 fun things to do in Downtown Seattle
- The 1 thing you HAVE to do in Seattle (it’s not the Space Needle) – this was even rated the #1 thing to do in all of Washington State!
Disclosure – I receive a commission if you buy tickets through my link.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them