Just a quick note to let everyone know that I will be live-blogging the Family Travel for Real Life (#FT4RL) conference, starting tomorrow. It’s kind of hard to imagine since it’s less than 24 hours to go and I am still half the country away! 😛 It’s all part of #10statesinaweek, which hopefully you’ve been following my adventures along on Instagram and Twitter!
The first session ends at about 10:40 a.m. EDT, so depending on how fast I can type, I’d imagine you can check back here at pointswithacrew.com about 11 to see.
I had a lot of fun when I went last year (see the live-blog from last year with the links in the box below), and I am looking forward to meeting some old friends, new faces, and learning a lot about how we travel here in the real world!
Here’s the full speaker list.
- 9:45-10:40: Bonnie The Frugal Travel Lawyer on the New Frontier (Airlines): Southwest, Jetblue, and the rest of the game changers
- 10:45-11:40 Leslie from Trips with Tykes on Disney: Mastering the International Houses of Mickey
- 12:40-1:30: Jason Steele, frequent contributor to The Points Guy and many other publications, on Current Events and Sweet Spots in Miles and Points
- 1:35-2:20: Kenny from Miles4More on National Parks and Destination Ideas Off the Beaten Path for Families (and how to get to them with awards)
- 2:15-3:30: Shawn from Miles to Memories on Immersive travel: family adventures, educational experiences, and ways to give back
Again, I’m a pretty fast typer, so I’d imagine that posts will be up within 30 minutes or so after the conclusion of the talk, hotel wi-fi depending. On a related note, the wi-fi at the hotel / conference center of the OTHER conference that I’m attending this week, totally sucks. Some fellow conference-goers and I have decided that slow wi-fi is #literallytheworstthingever (even worse than NO wi-fi, because it keeps teasing you….) 😀
Several of these speakers were at last year’s event, so I know they’ll do a great job.
How to follow along
The best way to follow along would be to follow me on Facebook or Twitter as well as follow the Twitter hashtag #ft4rl. Signing up for my daily email newsletter is also a good thing, but it only goes out once a day, so you won’t catch the blogs in real-time, if that’s your thing.
Hope to see you there!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them