- Thanks to Heels First Travel, we know that the infamous “Gate 35A” at DCA airport is going away! I first encountered Gate 35A when traveling from CVG-DCA to go to the Family Travel for Real Life conference and when I got off the plane and had to WAIT FOR A BUS to go into the terminal I was like “What the heck is this?!?!”. Family Travel for Real Life 2 is in Charlotte, so I won’t run into it this time (assuming I can score a direct flight using Avios)
- View from the Wing reports that plans to build a 2nd Atlanta airport (about 40 miles NW of the city) are progressing. Delta, unsurprisingly, is against it 🙂
- Ben from One Mile at a Time is taking his dad on a surprise trip around the world – here’s the first installment with a hilarious video of his dad at LAX not knowing where he’s going
- The AMAZING Points With a Crew (total self-pingback! :-D) had a post about American Express’s upcoming Small Business Saturday promotion – you can get up to $30 in statement credits for each Amex card you have (Bluebird and Serve too!)
- Big Habitat found a promo code that could give up to 50x on purchases at 1-800-Flowers.com. Frequent Miler weighed in on the situation as well. You can also read about my experience getting over 20,000 Southwest miles using a shopping portal to get 19x at Sears.
- If you haven’t signed up already, you can also get 500 free SPG points for signing up for a promotion that takes 2 minutes to do.
- Travel is Free has a great post about Alaska Airline’s partner award chart
- The Points Jock booked a Business Class trip through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, but due to a ticketing mistake, Chase paid the difference to fly him in First Class!
- Giddy for Points has an article on how to pay your property taxes with Evolve Money. It’s getting to be that time of year….
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them