Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Buying gift cards with a Chase Ink card has been one of the most lucrative and reliable sources of easy 5x Ultimate Rewards for quite some time. Now there are reports that Paypal Digital Gifts and other places are no longer giving out 5x. See reports from Doctor of Credit, Miles to Memories and Frequent Miler (among others)
- According to View from the Wing, American’s automated systems now allow you to re-route yourself in case of irregular operations. I could have used that a few weeks ago when I had to sprint through the airport for the first time ever.
- A few weeks ago, there was a targeted offer to California residents for a Southwest Companion Pass after signing up for the Southwest credit card. That offer was available but is now expired (but again, only California residents). H/T – Frequent Miler
- Now that Singapore has cut earning on United flights, what program is the best one to credit cheap United flights?
- Hyatt has a new program that allows you to rent homes airbnb style
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Facebook or join our new miles and points Facebook group.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: LaGuardia airport shut down this morning after a bomb threat
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Your title was little bit misleading. When I read it I thought the chase ink bold for office supplies which is the main draw of the card. Click bait?