Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Daily Getaway is an annual promotion by the U.S. Travel Association. It offers an opportunity to get up to 60% off on points and deals from major airlines, hotel chains, and other travel companies. Sale for the first two weeks of Daily Getaway 2017 is well underway. Details for the remaining three weeks have been released. You can learn more about each package on the complete 2017 calendar.
Daily Getaway 2017 Week 3 runs April 24-28
- Monday 4/24: $100 Carnival Cruise Line gift certificates for $85, or 15% off.
- Tuesday 4/25: One-day Avis car rental for $30, or President’s Club Membership for $750;
- Wednesday 4/26: more MGM Las Vegas getaway packages, ranging in cost from $150 at Circus Circus to $2,000 for a suite and show at Bellagio;
- Thursday 4/27: Discounted stay at the Palazzo or Venetian Las Vegas;
- Friday 4/28: Various packages for choice points.
Daily Getaway 2017 Week 4 runs May 1-5
- Monday 5/1: Various packages for Universal Orlando Resort;
- Tuesday 5/2: Discounted Hilton points from 30,000 points up to 250,000 points, at 0.48 cents per point.
- Wednesday 5/3: Caesars Las Vegas getaway packages, ranging in cost from $299 to $590;
- Thursday 5/4: Discounted Marriott gift cards, save 20%; Friday 5/5: $1000 Orbitz promo code for $650, save 35%.
Daily Getaway 2017 Week 5 (final week) runs May 8-10
- Monday 5/8: Fairmont packages for Hawaii and San Francisco;
- Tuesday 5/9: Discounted 1 week car rental with Hertz.
- Wednesday 5/10: These packages are really discounted Hyatt points.
My personal take
- I don’t understand why so many Las Vegas packages! I honestly have zero interest in them, but I am sure others will find value them.
- In the past, Choice points packages were hard to get because lots people buy them and transfer the points to Southwest for the companion pass. Now that hotel points transferred no longer counts towards the companion pass, perhaps less people will be interested in these packages. I purchased these packages three years ago for our first trip to the Bahamas. We stayed at the Comfort Suites just outside Atlantis resort. It gave us full access to the water parks at Atlantis and we saved a bundle!
- Hilton points purchased through daily getaway do not count towards Hilton’s own annual limit on purchasing points. Hilton also offers 5th night free on award redemptions. If you have expensive or lots of Hilton stay coming up, these packages might be worth considering. You are essentially buying the points as low as 0.48 cents per point, cheaper than points purchased directly from Hilton.
- The Marriott gift cards represent solid saving for your stay at Marriott hotels. All you need to do is to tell the front desk that you want to use gift card to pay at checkout, and present the gift cards then.
- Hyatt packages are essentially discounted Hyatt points. There are very few packages available and they were the hardest to get in the past few years. I don’t think I would even try this year!
Are you interested in any of the packages in the remaining three weeks of Daily Getaway 2017?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them