Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
At the turn of the year, I usually take some time for reflection. So I thought I’d also share the Top 10 posts of 2017 on Points With a Crew. These are the Top 10 posts as measured by pageviews (not necessarily what I think of as the BEST posts). I have not quite learned the magical secrets of what makes a post Also, because much of my traffic comes from Google searches that find older posts, I limited this list to the Top 10 posts that were WRITTEN in 2017
So without further ado, here we go with the Top 10 posts on Points With a Crew for 2017
- #10 – 5 best uses of Hilton points (Sept) – Part of a series of best uses of different hotel points. See also 4 best uses of Choice points or 6 best uses of IHG points
- #9 – Top thing to do in all 50 states (Dec) – Strange that a post written in December already made it with enough page views to already be in the Top 10, but there you go (picture below)
- #8 – The one rental car mistake I often make (May) – Guest post by Ian; personally I don’t often make this mistake
- #7 – Book United Awards to Hawaii for 40% off (Jul) – Using partner miles easily transferrable, you can book awards from the US to Hawaii for 40% fewer miles than using your United miles!
- #6 – Once per lifetime? Why I just applied for a 2nd Amex card (Aug) – American Express limits you to one signup bonus per card, but find out why I decided to apply for a 2nd card anyways
- #5 – American Airlines changing the boarding order (Feb) – Not sure why this got so many views…
- #4 – 8 ways to use 1,000,000 worthless AA miles (Jun) – Part of a series on the best way to use a million miles – see also 7 ways to use a million Delta Skymiles and 6 ways to spend your 1,000,000 United miles
- #3 – Southwest spreading the Luv: $39 flights (Jan) – This is exhibit #1 in I don’t understand why some posts get so many views – this was just a simple post about a Southwest sale (which happens all the time) But this time it decided to go “viral”
- #2 – Eclipse canceled: Go Home (Aug) – Ian and I had very different strategies for this summer’s eclipse. I stayed home (and later wished I hadn’t) while he found something interesting in southern Oregon
- #1 – Is Allegiant the world’s dumbest airline? (Nov) – Topping it all was November’s post where Allegiant did something so ridiculous that I could not believe even THEY would try it
And a few not-quite-Top 10
A few other widely viewed posts that did not quite make the top 10
- 8 travel safety tips that will make you think twice before traveling (and its companion post 6 more tips for traveling safely – THIS is why you get pickpocketed)
- The definitive guide to booking a Korean Air stopover online
- I’m confused – why aren’t more people talking about this deal? (This deal is still going on through the end of January 2018!)
- 6 Disneyland mistakes I made during my first trip. See also 9 Disneyland tips and tricks I learned from 3 days in the park and 5 Disney budget tips for saving money
- Overturning Chase 5/24 – here’s how I did it and the 2 types of cards not subject to Chase 5/24
- The 6 best uses of Asia Miles including business class for 80,000 miles roundtrip
Thanks for reading and we’ll see you more in 2018!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them