Ahhh it’s been a great ride this week. This week Points With a Crew has been featured on the main page of Boarding Area. If this was your first exposure to PWaC, I hope that you enjoyed it. If you want to keep learning about miles and points with a family twist, you’ll need to bookmark www.pointswithacrew.com, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook
I’ve enjoyed my run, but I’ve definitely been blogging at an unsustainable rate this week. If you’re hoping for 4 or 5 posts a day out of me, you might have confused me with View from the Wing or One Mile at a Time 🙂 Don’t forget, I’ve got 6 kids and a (different) full-time job 🙂
I did want to give you a rundown of some of my posts for the week, in case you found out about me later in the week. Remember you can always check out my most popular posts if you want the all-time highs! This isn’t ALL of the posts I wrote this past week (I’ve written nearly 40!), but some of the highlights. I’ve broken it down into a few categories to make it easier to read:
- 17 hours, 3 kids, no electronics: A Nevada, Idaho, Oregon road-trip trip report
- #FT4RL trip report: CVG-DCA
- My travel bucket list
- Review of the ATL Club Airport Lounge (and how to get in for free)
- A three part series on my 2012 trip to California to be on an episode of Wheel of Fortune
- Hotel Review: Mountain Lake Lodge – site of the movie Dirty Dancing
- My first ever trip I did for free with miles and points – I told my wife we had to check out of our hotel, and then surprised her with a 5-star Hilton.
- I’m used to the waffle maker, but here was my first experience with a hotel PANCAKE maker
Travel Hacking tips
- Overview of All Nippon Airways (ANA), another distance-based airline
- Quite a few posts about IHG’s new Into the Nights promotion – looks like my offer is finally fixed!
- How to avoid fees on British Airways in Europe
- British Airways free stopovers, even on one-way flights
- Flights within the UK are FREE with Avios
Points and Miles generation random thoughts
- Major points devaluation hits OVERNIGHT!
- Don’t poop where you eat: a cautionary tale
- Time to go all in on Amazon Payments?
- Taking care of some card housekeeping – annual fees, waiving interest charges, retention bonuses and more
- Why does renting a car seem like such a scam?
- Did we get a family of 5 to Berlin for free?
- Using miles to help out extended family
- Passenger: “You’re the type of person that shouldn’t have children”
- Where can you put a car seat on an airplane?
- Speeding through TSA security with a family
Other travel related stories
- What’s the best site to track your flights?
- Time to score some cheap one-way fall car rentals (I saw $14 / day for NYC-MIA in October)
- August 2014 credit card churn
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.