For one-week only, IHG Rewards Club is slashing award stay by 50% for hotels and resorts in Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America. The discount is valid for stays between May 1st through June 30th, and must be booked from May 1st to May 7th, 2017. Details of the promotion can be found here. This appears to be exactly the same as a promotion that they ran twice last year – once in May and once in August, though the list of hotels is slightly different.
Participating hotels & Resorts
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino
- Crowne Plaza Panama
- Crowne Plaza Panama Airport – regularly 20,000 now 10,000
- Holiday Inn Express Panama Distrito Financiero – regularly 20,000 now 10,000
- Intercontinental Miramar – regularly 15,000 now 7,500
- Holiday Inn Panama Canal
- InterContinental San Juan
- Holiday Inn Campeche
- InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort
- InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa
- Hotel Indigo Veracruz Boca Del Rio
- Holiday Inn Huatulco – regularly 20,000 points now 10,000
- Intercontinental President Merida regularly 25,000 points now 12,500
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All–Inclusive
- Holiday Inn Veracruz Centro Historico
- Holiday Inn Express Veracruz Boca del Rio
- Holiday Inn Veracruz Boca del Rio
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas
- Holiday Inn Ciudad del Carmen
- Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco
- Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa All-Inclusive
- Holiday Inn Express Ciudad del Carmen
- Holiday Inn Express Puerto Vallarta
- Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas
- Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo
Brazil (yes, yes I know Brazil isn’t in Latin America or the Caribbean – blame IHG not me 😀 )
- Holiday Inn Belo Horizonte Savassi normally 15,000 points now 7,500
The promotional period is shoulder season for the sunny destinations, so daily cash rates will be low. Make sure you compare before booking award stays. It is nice to see five interContinentals and even a few all-inclusive resorts are included in this sale, and they generally represent good values.
Remember too that the IHG Point Breaks are available with hotels that are bookable for only 5,000 points / night.
If you are short on points, you can purchase IHG points directly at 0.7 cents per point, and those points usually post instantly.
Planning any bookings with this 50% off sale?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.