Now, you can use Masterpass™ through Plastiq to pay businesses that don’t accept credit or debit cards.
Starting today through September 30, 2018, we’ll waive the Plastiq fee when you use your Mastercard® in Masterpass when paying with Plastiq.* Promotion applies to any bill or invoice, up to a maximum of $500 each.
Plastiq changing promotion rules
I got an email this afternoon stating that Plastiq is updating the terms of
Due to the high demand for our latest promotion, conducted in partnership with Mastercard, we wanted to give you advance notice of an upcoming update. Starting June 1, 2018, the promotion will apply to any bill or invoice, up to a maximum of $250 each, instead of $500.*
If you’ve already scheduled payments with this promotion, we will still honor the promotional fee applied to those payments. But please note that editing these scheduled payments will result in a loss of the promotional fee.
Talk about the SHOCK OF THE CENTURY. I remain baffled that companies give away essentially free money (or points) and act surprised when people want to take advantage of the deal….
Fine print now states
- To qualify for the promotion & have the Plastiq fee waived on any bill or invoice, up to a maximum of $500 each, payment must be submitted or scheduled between May 14, 2018 12:00 a.m. ET and May 31, 2018 11:59 p.m. ET, and payment’s delivery date must be before or on September 30, 2018.
- To qualify for promotion & have the Plastiq fee waived on any bill or invoice, up to a maximum of $250 each, payment must be submitted or scheduled on or after June 1, 2018 12:00 p.m. ET, and payment’s delivery date must be before or on September 30, 2018.
One other piece of fine print that I was not 100% clear on states that “Customers using a referral code must hit the required minimum of $500 in successful payments and receive the FFD credit before being eligible for this promotion.”
So if you don’t have a Plastiq account, and you sign up through this link, you’ll have to
- Send $500 (or more) and pay the fee (though check out this promotion for 2% fees on rent through the end of the month)
- Get $500 fee free (from the new signup)
- Then you’re eligible for the fee free promo through Masterpasss
What to do now
So if you haven’t been taking advantage of this promo and want to get fee free dollars on bills over $500, you’ll want to make sure to have your payments paid or scheduled before May 31st
Good luck out there and happy spending!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them