Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- You might have heard of Skiplagged – which was a website first built a few years ago that made it easy to do what’s called hidden city ticketing – throwing away (not flying) one or more portions of your ticket because it’s cheaper. I’ve flown a hidden city ticket before, and just recently was talking about some blatant hidden city ticketing on Southwest. In any case, United Airlines sued the site, but that lawsuit has now been thrown out, so the website is in no danger of being shut down (currently)
- Using precious airline miles on a HOTEL redemption? Conventional wisdom says that, why, that’s the next worst thing to buying a BLENDER with your miles! Miles for Family shows us why using AAdvantage miles to book a hotel worked for her family.
- I was intrigued by the #Take12Trips challenge, where you’re encouraged to #Take12Trips in 2016 (one per month). What about you – are you signing up to take (at least!) 12 trips this year?
- Reminder – if you live in or are traveling to the Southern California area, Skurt and I are giving away a 2 day car rental!
- If you use the Nationwide Buxx card for your manufactured spending, you probably should be aware of some recent (negative) changes to Nationwide Buxx. Thankfully the recent changes to American Express Serve were…. not nearly as bad.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: What’s better than a first class SHOWER or BAR?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them