I just received an email from American Airlines (subject line: Free Platinum Status for you), and they want to offer me free Platinum status!
American AAdvantage Platinum benefits
- Complimentary upgrades on flights 500 miles or less within North America (confirmed as early as 48 hours before departure)
- Priority through the airport at check-in, security and boarding
- 8 award miles/U.S. dollar (60% bonus)
- Complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred seats
- 2 free checked bags
- oneworld® Sapphire℠ status on partner airlines
Terms of the exclusive offer
- This is an exclusive offer only for members who received a message directly from American Airlines.
- You must register by 11:59 p.m. CT June 11, 2018, and prior to travel in order for your Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) to count toward this promotion
Extend Platinum status through 2020
The email offer I got also included an option to extend your free AA Platinum status through 2020 by earning 12,500 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and $1,500 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on American or other eligible airlines for travel between the date you register and September 7, 2018
Terms and conditions of the extend offer
- AAdvantage Platinum status received through this offer is valid through January 31, 2020.
- After you reach the required thresholds, your elite status membership benefits will be immediately extended through January 31, 2020, and you’ll receive new membership credentials within 4 to 6 weeks.
- Qualification is based on EQMs and EQDs earned on eligible, purchased, published fare tickets flown between the date you register and September 7, 2018.
- Qualifying, eligible flights must be operated by American Airlines or marketed by American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, or Japan Airlines.
- Travel completed prior to registration will not count toward this promotion.
- You must requalify for AAdvantage elite status membership annually
I am a little surprised by this new offer, as I have no upcoming travel with AA (maybe they want to “get” me) 🙂 I’m generally not a status guy ( preferring to #BeYourOwnElite) but I’ll have to take a look to see if this would fit in with any of my upcoming travel plans
Did you receive a similar offer for free American AAdvantage status?