Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
We are heading to Europe next month, and part of our plan to keep travel expenses down is to utilize some of the airport lounges for some meals. While I do want to experience Europe and not eat ALL of my meals in an airport lounge, Europe is expensive, so I also want to have some options
Airports we’ll be in
- Tuesday afternoon, leaving Cincinnati (CVG)
- Tuesday evening, Boston airport (BOS)
- Wednesday morning, Dublin (DUB)
- Thursday morning, Belfast City (BHD)
- Thursday afternoon, London Heathrow (LHR)
- Sunday afternoon, London Heathrow (LHR)
- Sunday afternoon, Nice (NCE)
- Monday afternoon, Nice (NCE)
- Monday afternoon, Rome (FCO)
- Thursday morning, Rome (FCO)
- Thursday afternoon, New York (JFK)
Lounge access that I have
- Because I will be flying Business Class BOS-DUB, I will have access to the Aer Lingus Gold Circle lounge in Boston
- Same thing on Thursday in Rome – I should have access to the LeAnfore Lounge as well as the British Airways Executive Lounge (though something I was reading was that it was closed due to airport fire?!!”)
- Carolyn and I both have Lounge Club access with 2 free visits thanks to having the Chase Ink card, before that benefit was removed.
- I feel like I have 2 lounge passes from a US Airways card, but I couldn’t seem to find them
- We both have Priority Pass Select membership from having the American Express Platinum card as part of my most recent credit card churn. Although the American Express Platinum card is hers, because I am a authorized user, we can both be members of Priority Pass Select
So what to do
- Tuesday dinner we should be able to have in the Aer Lingus Gold Circle lounge in Boston
- Wednesday morning, we should have breakfast on the flight over, but if not, we could use the Aer Lingus arrivals lounge
- Thursday morning, we have access with Priority Pass Select to the Aspire Lounge in Belfast, as well as at Heathrow when we get there. There are actually several Priority Pass lounges at LHR, and it looks like flights on British Airways from Belfast arrive at Terminal 5.
- Sunday afternoon, again, probably counting on lunch at either the lounge at Heathrow or the Salon Azur in NCE. It looks like there is no requirement to show any type of boarding pass to access the Priority Pass Select lounges; just your Priority Pass card
- Then in Rome, we’ll have access to the LeAnfore Lounge, though we’ll have breakfast at our hotel the morning of and our flight leaves at 9:40 a.m.
Sound reasonable? Any lounges that we’ll have access to that you highly recommend or that I missed? Leave me a note in the comments
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them